Wednesday, May 19, 2010

The Calvert Family Blog Starts Today




Thanks to Ruth Gorkowski's granddaughter, Diane Trimble, I have become interested in our family history. Diane has taken over Aunt Ruth's spot in being the keeper of our story. I think that this blog will be a great way to look at photos and articles and share.

I will be adding family photos and stories of the Calvert family weekly. My hope is to get everyone to digitally combine their photos so we can have a great archive online. This will be a good way for everyone to share things. If you have photos, email me and I will give you my address and send them to me to be scanned. If you can scan, the email them to me and I will put them on my blog.


The photo here is a picture of Henry Calvert and his family. Jane Brunskill Calvert is seated on the right. Simon Calvert is in the back on the right.




2 comments:

  1. Hi:

    I'm Susan Calvert Cosgrove. My gg grandfather was Simon Calvert. Ggrandfather was Wilber Calvert. Grandfather was Vernon Calvert. Wilber moved to MO in 1920 from Iowa. I have pictures I can send for you page if you like. Susan C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Susan, That would be wonderful! My email is sduval107@yahoo.com. Thank you! Are you in contact with Diane Trimble? Shelley D

    ReplyDelete